Approved March 31, 2008
by the Gretna Library Board
To ensure the safety and positive experiences for all who work in and visit the Gretna Public Library, the following Code of Conduct has been created. Library staff will follow established procedures in the event that a patron(s) violates the rules and consequences are necessary.
Expectations of Persons Using the Library
- Accompany and supervise younger children.
- Monitor personal belongings.
- Treat people and property in a respectful manner.
- Talk in moderate tones.
- Use cell phones in library lobby or outside only.
- Come into the library fully clothed, which includes wearing a shirt and shoes.
- Leave pets outside. Service animals are welcome.
- Refrain from loitering or sleeping in the stacks or anywhere on the premises.
- The library’s facilities are not to be used for bathing.
- Anyone entering while under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave.
- Do not enter with items the general population views as threatening or that could damage library materials.
- Selling or soliciting will not be permitted in the library building or on library grounds.
While on Library Property:
- Smoking is prohibited on library grounds.
- Snacks that do not disturb others and non-alcoholic beverages in covered containers are allowed in the building. Please clean up trash and notify a library staff member of any spills.
- Please park bicycles in the bike rack. Rollerblades, skateboards, and other outdoor sporting equipment are not allowed in the library.
Not following these rules of conduct may result in a suspension of library privileges.