Gretna Community Events Calendar Posting Policy
Approved July 25, 2016
by the Gretna Library Board, & Gretna Area Chamber of Commerce Board
The Gretna Community Events Calendar is a tool for the public that is funded and overseen by the Gretna Area Chamber of Commerce and Gretna Public Library as outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding Agreement. The Gretna Community Event Calendar’s purpose is to promote community events and activities to those who live in the Gretna community. Events should be open to the public, community-oriented and either sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce or Library or an agency or group that is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt entity (e.g., charitable, educational, registered non-profit, governmental etc.) or non-income generating community group or individual.
Guidelines for Community Event Postings:
● Postings to the Gretna Community Events Calendar are designed to announce one-time or special events or programs, not regularly scheduled activities (i.e. exercise classes, etc.).
● No announcement may be posted which will promote a commercial interest or cause (unless the event is sponsored by a local business).
● Events must have a Gretna, Nebraska address, be within the Gretna Public School District, or be affiliated with the Gretna Chamber of Commerce.
● Submissions will be sent to the Moderator for approval or disapproval.
● Submissions will be approved and posted during normal business hours; best efforts will be made to respond within five business days of the event submission.
● Submissions for events where alcohol is present must automatically be marked as an activity for ages 21 and older
● Local public and private educational institutions.
● Local nonprofit organizations.
● Local service groups.
● Local social and recreational clubs.
● Local business sponsored events.
● Regularly scheduled classes (i.e. fitness classes, dance lessons, etc.).
● Private events, such as family reunions and birthday parties.
● Business, commercial or garage sale advertisements.
● Contain spam or advertising.
● Promotes illegal activity.
● Promotes particular services, products, or political organizations.
● Event does not take place within the Gretna Public School District or isn’t affiliated with the Gretna Area Chamber of Commerce.
● The Chamber of Commerce and Library will moderate all posts of acceptable events, however, posting of such events does not imply endorsement by these entities.
● After calendar submissions are made, they are all reviewed by the Moderator prior to posting to the calendar.
● The Moderator reserves the right to delete submissions, the right to refuse to post an announcements that is deemed offensive, inappropriate, not in the public interest or in conflict with this policy or the mission of the Chamber of Commerce or Library.