Approve July 28, 2008
Gretna Library Board
As an educational, cultural, and community institution, the Gretna Public Library welcomes postings, exhibits and displays of interest, information, and enlightenment for the citizens of Gretna. As such, the lobby bulletin board will be made available for the posting of community announcements. In order to best utilize the limited space available for such postings, please adhere to the following policy and procedures regarding usage of the library’ bulletin board:
Policy & Procedure:
1. Library materials take priority over community announcements.
2. All postings will be approved at the discretion of library staff considering space availability.
3. Non-profit, cultural, educational, scientific, humanitarian, self-help, commercial or other community services’ postings for specific events or activities will remain posted, as space allows, until the event, or deadline for registration for the event, has passed.
4. Limited space demands that no signage larger than 8 1/2 X 11 may be posted.
5. The bulletin board is located in a public lobby space and postings must be appropriate for viewing by all ages. No nudity and no profanity allowed.
Use of the library’s bulletin board does not constitute endorsement by the Gretna Public Library of the user’s policies or beliefs.